Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm not a fish fan but my Father and his friends really liked this dish.
- 1 -3 lb red snapper, dressed
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium white onion, sliced paper thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 teaspoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh chili pepper (like a jalapeno-add more if you like kick)
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Rub fish-in and out with 1 teaspoon of the lime juice-set aside.
- Heat oil in a large heavy bottomed saucepan over medium low heat.
- Saute the onion for 1 min.
- Add the garlic and saute the mixture for 1 min more, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cilantro, chili, salt and remaining lime juice.
- Simmer for 30 min stirring often.
- Place the fish in a greased shallow baking pan.
- Place 3 T.
- of sauce in the cavity of the fish and pour the remaining on top.
- Bake for 18 minutes, turn and cook for 15 min more.
- Do a fork test and if it flakes its ready.
- Transfer to a serving platter and pour any remaining sauce.