Recipe by Recipe Junkie
Baked red snapper fillets baked in a delicious sauce. From Heart of the Palms. Preparation time includes marinating time.
- 3 lbs red snapper fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs fresh tomatoes, peeled, seede and chopped
- 2 chili jalapeno peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 12 pitted green olives, cut in half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons large capers
- 1 large bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Place fillets in a single layer, in a greased 9x13" baking dish.
- Prick fillets with a fork and sprinkle with salt and lime juice.
- Set aside to season, for several hours in refrigerator.
- Pour sauce over fillets.
- For sauce:.
- Saute onion and garlic in hot oil until tender.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients.
- Cook over medium high heat 5-10 minutes until sauce is well seasoned and some of the liquid has evaporated.
- After step #9 you would then bake for awhile, correct? Like at 350 for 20-30 min?