Otherwise known in English as "egg cheese". This is from my MIL who has Czech heritage. She makes this every Easter. She slices it and serves it at room temp with ham. *I* like it when it's chilled and I slice it and put it on a sandwich w/ cold leftover ham slices. It's a soft, solid custard. Servings are a guess. Prep time is the chilling time.
- Beat all ingredients well.
- Pour into a large saucepan and cook very slowly over low heat (stirring often) until it looks kind of like cottage cheese and liquid/curds start to separate.
- Pour the mixture into a round colander or a strainer lined with cheese cloth and form into a ball.
- Hang up over a sink and let drip. Drain for about 3 hours.
- Chill at least 8-10 hours or overnight.
- Can serve cold, room temp or warm.