Pa. Hiker's Note:
This is a traditional eastern 'cheese' (really an egg ball). During lent we give up all forms of meat and dairy products, then on Easter Sunday pig out on what we've given up. NOTE: the whey from this is used in my Paska recipe, save it and make both!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour milk into saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 2Beat eggs slightly and add gradually to milk.
- 3Cook over low heat for about seven minutes.
- 4Add salt, pepper, and vanilla, stir continually so mixture will not scorch.
- 5Pour mixture into a linen towel or cheesecloth, squeeze and tie tightly.
- 6Hang and let dry for two hours.
- 7Cover with a wet napkin and place in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hrudka (Easter cheese)
Serving Size: 1 (1794 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1804.9
- Calories from Fat 1037
- Total Fat 115.2 g
- Saturated Fat 47.0 g
- Cholesterol 3520.6 mg
- Sodium 2179.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 132.7 g