Recipe by Kitty Kat Cook
No frying or flour involved! This is from this year's edition of Pillsbury Halloween cookbook. I plan to make it for my party this weekend so I'm posting it here, so I can add it to my menu! Tip: dump the whole can of chipotles into a food processor to chop. Cooking time reflects refrigeration time. *Update!* These turned out great! So easy and sooo good! I didn't have time to refrigerate them for 4 hrs, I did 2 1/2 hrs for 6 lbs and they were delicious! I'm assuming they'd be even more flavorful for the suggested 4-5 hrs marinating time! I also used frozen ice-glazed, ready-to-use chicken wings for a shortcut! So go ahead and try it they were great!
- 30 chicken wings, drummettes (about 3Lbs)
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
- 1 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel topping (3/4 to 1 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: You can also use 15 chicken wings (3lbs) cut at joints to make 3 pieces, discard the tips.
- Cut off excess skin from each wing section, discard. Place wings in a large resealable food storage plastic bag. Add chopped chipotle chiles and adobo sauce and Italian dressing; seal bag. Turn bag to mix ingredients and coat wings. Refrigerate at least 4 hours but no longer than 24 hrs, turning bag occasionally.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Place sheet of foil in bottom of broiler pan. Arrange wings on foil. Bake 15 mins; drain if necessary. Meanwhile, to make sauce, transfer marinade from bag to 2-quart saucepan; stir in caramel topping. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F, brush wings with sauce and bake about 30 mins longer, brushing every 15 mins with sauce, until browned and juice is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (180 degrees F) Serve with remaining sauce.