Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have made this at the fire station and the fella's like it.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- I use frozen chicken breasts, and chop the peppers and mince the garlic ahead of time.
- In a sauce pan mix all but the chicken and peppers (make sure you mix the cornstarch and water seprate to prevent lumps) cook over med heat until mix thickens.
- Preheat oven to 400 f
- Place chicken breasts in greased 3x9 pan.
- Pour mixture over top of chicken and cover with foil.
- Cook for 30 min then add peppers and cook another 30 min or until chicken is done.