Recipe by bullwinkle
This is a nice appetizer from one of my three Kitchen Keepsake books. I usually baked more potatoes than the recipe calls for since there is usually more dip than dippers for us. The preparations and cooking times are a guess. Cook time depends on how long it takes for your potato to bake.
Top Review by OhSheila
What a spectacular recipe! My husband gave it a huge thumbs-up. I just cleaned my taters and popped them in the microwave for about 8 minutes, then let cool slightly and cut into wedges to deep fry. Oh gosh, gonna make these again without a doubt. Thanks! ~ Sheila
- 2 medium potatoes, baked
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced and sauteed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each baked potato into eight wedges. Be sure to leave the skins on .
- Heat oil to 400* in deep fryer or deep pan.
- Fry potato wedges in hot oil for 1-2 minutes or until golden in color.
- Saute sliced mushrooms in a little butter.
- In a mixing bowl combine sour cream, onions, cheese, sauteed mushrooms and salt.
- Put dip in a serving bowl and place in middle of round platter and arrange fried potato wedges around bowl.