Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dish was developed while Howard and Sue Dengate were travelling as something we could make with just a hotplate. It can be served hot, warm or cold, travels well and is perfect when you need to take food for socialising.
- 500 g spiral shaped pasta
- 100 g green beans
- 3 spring onions
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese (Philadelphia or Kingland soy cream cheese)
- 3 tablespoons low-fat yogurt (or soy yoghurt)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- salt, to taste
- citric acid, to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions. You can add frozen beans (rinsed in tap water) to the cooking pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, stirfry Spring onions and garlic gently in a little oil. Drain.
- While warm, stir through cream cheese, yoghurt, onions and chicken.
- You can add chopped celery and carrot when permitted (moderate in salicylates) for color.