Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here you can use either thin spaghetti or Angel hair pasta into Chinese noodles. Great for Lo Mein or noodle soup. My Japanese friend who lives in Germany taught me this technique.
- 16 ounces thin spaghetti or 16 ounces angel hair pasta
- boiling water (for cooking pasta)
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Bring lots of water to boil as you would usually cook pasta.
- Add salt (I use about 1TBSP) and baking soda.
- Add pasta and cook about 2 minutes longer than what the package says. Drain and use in any recipes in place of Chinese noodles.
I live in ND and my daughter loves oriental food, and to be honest.. North Dakotans do not know how to do it correctly. I was buying all my oriental noodles online. Now I don't have too!!!! TYSVM for this trick...