1/2 Photos of How to Test Your Oven Temperature Without a Thermometer
Based on the method in Cooking For Geeks.
My Private Note
- 1To test if your oven is running cold:.
- 2Preheat oven to 375°. (186° C.).
- 3Place a small amount of granulated sugar in an oven-proof dish or on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- 4Place in oven for 15 minutes.
- 5If your oven is calibrated correctly, the sugar will melt.
- 6If your oven is running cold, the sugar will not melt.
- 7To test if your oven is running hot:.
- 8Preheat oven to 350°. (177° C.).
- 9Follow the same procedure as above.
- 10If your oven is calibrated correctly, the sugar will not melt (although it may brown a little).
- 11If your oven is running hot, the sugar will melt.
- 12Note: ovens do not maintain a constant temperature, but cycle above and below it, so it is possible that the sugar may melt at 350° if your oven is correctly calibrated but has an extreme cycle (15° F, 8° C.).
Browse Our Top Non-Food Products Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Non-Food Products Recipes
Nutritional Facts for How to Test Your Oven Temperature Without a Thermometer
Serving Size: 1 (1 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g