Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
You will need a 4-5 gallon pot for steaming/boiling.
- 2 lbs lobsters (alive)
- 3 quarts water (3 qts. water per every 2 pounds of lobster)
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped in quarters
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons sea salt
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed (lightly hit to open the clove a bit)
- Fill pot with water to match pounds of lobster. (3 qts. per 2 pounds lobster).
- Add seasonings, vegetable, and garlic.
- Bring water to rolling boil.
- Add live lobsters one at a time (if more then one), starting to time immediately. (10 minutes per pound for first pound of lobster, 1 minute per pound thereafter = 2 pound lobster= 12 minutes).
- Do not cover.
- Stir lobster half-way through cooking time.
- Let lobster rest for a full five minutes to allow the meat to absorb the moisture from the shell.
- Carefully remove and grab a bib.