Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
You will need a 4-5 gallon pot for steaming/boiling.
Make and share this How to Steam a Lobster recipe from Food.com.
- Fill pot with water to match pounds of lobster. (3 qts. per 2 pounds lobster).
- Add seasonings, vegetable, and garlic.
- Bring water to rolling boil.
- Add live lobsters one at a time (if more then one), starting to time immediately. (10 minutes per pound for first pound of lobster, 1 minute per pound thereafter = 2 pound lobster= 12 minutes).
- Do not cover.
- Stir lobster half-way through cooking time.
- Let lobster rest for a full five minutes to allow the meat to absorb the moisture from the shell.
- Carefully remove and grab a bib.