Prep 24 hrs
Cook 120 hrs
Visit http://www.learnhowtosprout.com for more info. Mild taste, tender and crisp, easy to grow. Alfalfa sprouts contain saponins which lower cholesterol and stimulate the immune system. They also have high antioxidant capacity and phytoestrogens that may prevent menopausal symptoms, cancer and heart disease.
- 236.59 ml organic alfalfa seeds
- 14.79 ml 3% food-grade hydrogen peroxide
- On Day 1, do a H2O2 soak for 20 minute Fill jar 1/10 full of alfalfa seed. Fill the jar to the top with water and add approximately 1 Tbsp of diluted 3% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide per gallon of water. Cover jar with mesh nylon window screen and secure with rubber band. Allow seeds to soak for 20 minutes.
- Also on Day 1, after the H2O2 soak, drain and fill the jar up again with water. Add 1 tsp of Effective Micro-organisms (EM) per gallon of water. Let this soak for 20 minutes.
- Finally on Day 1, After the 20-minute EM soak, drain and fill the jar up again with water plus ocean mineral solution. Use 1/2 tsp ocean mineral solution per gallon of water. Let this soak for 8-12 hours.
- Day 2-4, Rinse & drain at 45 degree angle, 2-3 times per day. After soaking, drain water and put jar upside down at about a 45 degree angle out of direct sunlight. Rinse and drain seeds 2-3 times per day, for 2-3 days. Make sure there is good air circulation. With proper air circulation, you will be less likely to have mold. A fan or open windows are helpful. Optimal temperature is around 70 degrees F.
- Day 5-6, Rinse & drain at 45 degree angle, 2-3 times per day. When sprouts grow tails about 1/2 inch long, place sprouts in diffused light for a few days. Continue rinsing 2 or 3 times per day.
- Day 6, When sprouts are 1-2” in length, they are ready to harvest.