Recipe by Good Looking Cooking
This is my handwritten instructions, which I think I saw on TV and am yet to try, so I thought I would post it for those lucky enough to have enough trout to smoke!
Top Review by elleninchico
I'm sorry! but this is lame. If you want good smoked fish use pecan or a good fruit tree wood like apple. Also, i live where they burn the rice fields every fall and believe me it does not smell very good. I will not rate this as I have not tried it.
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a wok with 3 layers of thick foil.
- Add the tea, rice and sugar to the wok and mix together.
- Place a cake rack in the wok and place the trout on the rack.
- Cover the wok with a lid and place on an open fire or on the barbecue for approximately 1 hour.
- The tea, rice and sugar burns, causing the smoke which gives a lovely flavour to the trout.
- Note: I would not recommend this be done inside due to the smoke.