Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is my handwritten instructions, which I think I saw on TV and am yet to try, so I thought I would post it for those lucky enough to have enough trout to smoke!
- Line a wok with 3 layers of thick foil.
- Add the tea, rice and sugar to the wok and mix together.
- Place a cake rack in the wok and place the trout on the rack.
- Cover the wok with a lid and place on an open fire or on the barbecue for approximately 1 hour.
- The tea, rice and sugar burns, causing the smoke which gives a lovely flavour to the trout.
- Note: I would not recommend this be done inside due to the smoke.
I'm sorry! but this is lame. If you want good smoked fish use pecan or a good fruit tree wood like apple. Also, i live where they burn the rice fields every fall and believe me it does not smell very good. I will not rate this as I have not tried it.