How to season hamburger patties.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1So I might be the last one on the planet to do it this way --
- 2In the past, I've seasoned hamburger patties on the grill -- while they were grilling. And while it works, it wasn't going to work for me last weekend when we were having a bunch of family over for dinner. I wanted to prep as much as I could ahead of time so that I could enjoy them while they were at our house, instead of running around my kitchen like a chicken without a head (sorry, bad visual!) -- so this is what happened.
- 3As I was getting everything out, I though, "Why not season the bottom of the cookie sheet first so that both sides of the patties can be grilled before they hit the grill?".
- 4So that's what I did. Sprinkle seasoning on the cookie sheet. Make patties and then put them on top of the seasoning and move around a little to "catch it all" and waste as little as possible. Sprinkle more on top and voila.
- 5Ready for the grill. (Or refrigerator, in my case -- as I was making them up early in the afternoon long before everyone arrived. This is what happens when there is a baby in the house -- you get stuff done while they are sleeping, even if that means making dinner at 2pm!).
- 6And while I didn't get all scientific about it, it seemed to me that the seasoning stuck to the burger better and less fell through into the grill!
- 7How about you? How do you season hamburger patties?
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for How to Season Hamburger Patties
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.9
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 37.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 10.5 g