Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
How to season hamburger patties.
Make and share this How to Season Hamburger Patties recipe from Food.com.
- So I might be the last one on the planet to do it this way --
- In the past, I've seasoned hamburger patties on the grill -- while they were grilling. And while it works, it wasn't going to work for me last weekend when we were having a bunch of family over for dinner. I wanted to prep as much as I could ahead of time so that I could enjoy them while they were at our house, instead of running around my kitchen like a chicken without a head (sorry, bad visual!) -- so this is what happened.
- As I was getting everything out, I though, "Why not season the bottom of the cookie sheet first so that both sides of the patties can be grilled before they hit the grill?".
- So that's what I did. Sprinkle seasoning on the cookie sheet. Make patties and then put them on top of the seasoning and move around a little to "catch it all" and waste as little as possible. Sprinkle more on top and voila.
- Ready for the grill. (Or refrigerator, in my case -- as I was making them up early in the afternoon long before everyone arrived. This is what happens when there is a baby in the house -- you get stuff done while they are sleeping, even if that means making dinner at 2pm!).
- And while I didn't get all scientific about it, it seemed to me that the seasoning stuck to the burger better and less fell through into the grill!
- How about you? How do you season hamburger patties?
Well, I think your method is brilliant. We are retired and I find my best time, energy wise is in the morning. So any prep work, dicing onions, carrots, celery, or seasoning is done as early as possible. So this gets my 5 stars. Thank You for posting.