This is a simple "how to" recipe for roasting garlic in the oven. Super easy and the flavor of roast garlic is so sweet and creamy. Our favorite way to serve it up is to dump the roasted garlic in some good olive oil seasoned with salt/pepper, and serve it atop french bread. Certainly you can use roast garlic in many different recipes!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice off the very top of the garlic head. Place in a piece of foil and drizzle olive oil inside the head of garlic until it is completely filled and just starting to run down the side.
- Wrap tightly with foil and place on a cookie sheet and bake until tender and fragrant, roughly 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Peel outside off of bulb of garlic, then gently squeeze each clove out.
- Use in the recipe of your desire, or simply spread on bread for a wonderful addition to any meal.