1/6 Photos of How to Roast a Pumpkin in 10 Easy Steps
Elana's Pantry's Note:
Here's the entire post: http://www.elanaspantry.com/cooked-veggies/how-to-roast-a-pumpkin-in-10-steps/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Choose a firm, small pie pumpkin, not more than 3-4 pounds; smaller pumpkins tend to be a bit sweeter.
- 2Rinse the pumpkin under warm water, removing any dirt or debris.
- 3Cut the pumpkin in half on a large cutting board, with a sharp knife.
- 4Scoop out the seeds with a metal spoon, I use an old measuring spoon that has a nice edge.
- 5Lay the pumpkin face side down in a large baking dish.
- 6Cover with 1/4 inch water.
- 7Bake at 350° for 45-60 minutes (depending on size) or until tender, using a fork to check.
- 8Remove from oven and scoop out insides, discarding skin.
- 9Store in refrigerator in a glass mason jar.
- 10Keeps for 5 days in refrigerator (at the ready for your pie, muffin and custard endeavors).
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for How to Roast a Pumpkin in 10 Easy Steps
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.5
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 3.4 g