Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Here's the entire post: http://www.elanaspantry.com/cooked-veggies/how-to-roast-a-pumpkin-in-10-steps/
- Choose a firm, small pie pumpkin, not more than 3-4 pounds; smaller pumpkins tend to be a bit sweeter.
- Rinse the pumpkin under warm water, removing any dirt or debris.
- Cut the pumpkin in half on a large cutting board, with a sharp knife.
- Scoop out the seeds with a metal spoon, I use an old measuring spoon that has a nice edge.
- Lay the pumpkin face side down in a large baking dish.
- Cover with 1/4 inch water.
- Bake at 350° for 45-60 minutes (depending on size) or until tender, using a fork to check.
- Remove from oven and scoop out insides, discarding skin.
- Store in refrigerator in a glass mason jar.
- Keeps for 5 days in refrigerator (at the ready for your pie, muffin and custard endeavors).