Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Texas Roadhouse coupons frequently feature a free appetizer of your choice. One option is the restaurant's signature fried pickles. This Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickle recipe is easy to replicate and allows you to enjoy the appetizer whenever the mood strikes, even if you don't have a free appetizer cuopon. Making this copycat Texas Roadhouse Deep Fried Pickles recipe requires a few steps and common pantry ingredients. For best results, you will need access to a deep fryer. If you do not have a deep fryer, a deep pot will work, but the outcome will not be as crispy as the higher-temperature fryer fried pickles. From start to finish, the copycat Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles recipe takes about five to ten minutes to complete and offers an excellent dish to serve as sports-related parties. Pickle chips, either dill or another pickle flavor of your choice, are coated in seasoned flour and deep fried until golden brown. The finished pickles are usually served with ranch dressing or horseradish sauce.
- frying oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups pickle chips
- ranch dressing or horseradish sauce, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or large deep pan until oil sizzles when water drop is placed on top.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, sugar and cayenne pepper in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to incorporate all the dry ingredients.
- Drain the pickle chips to remove excess water. The pickles do not need to be completely dry as some moisture is needed for the battering process.
- Toss a portion of the pickle chips in the seasoned flour mixture until the pickle chops are well-coated with the flour.
- Transfer the pickle chips to a wire strainer. Shake to remove excess flour from the pickle chips. Carefully place the pickle chips in the hot oil. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the pickles float to the surface.
- Remove from oil and place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Transfer to a serving plate and serve with a dipping sauce of your choice.