Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is really easy! Soy yogurt may not be quite as thick as you are used to, so you might want to add a little powdered agar-agar or cornstarch to thicken. You may add whatever flavor you like, such as maple syrup or vanilla extract, or stir in some cane sugar and fresh fruit-whater tickles your fancy! Remember to set aside some of the yogurt before you add your flavor so you have a starter for your next batch. Acidophilus, soy yogurt and agar-agar can be found in health food stores. Adapted from The Garden of Vegan cookbook.
- 2 cups soymilk
- 2 tablespoons plain soy yogurt (or 1 tsp. active non-dairy powdered acidophilus)
- powdered agar-agar (or cornstarch-optional)
- Preheat oven to lowest setting; temperature should be no more than 110*F.
- In a medium jar, combine the soy milk and acidophilus.
- Cover with a lid and shake well. Remove the lid and place the jar in the oven.
- Let sit 7-10 hours. Don't open the oven, it acts as a nice womb for your yogurt, keeping warm and just right.
- This makes about 2 cups soy yogurt. Enjoy!