Recipe by Chef Ayanna
Pizza was originally started in Naples, Italy but has now become a popular type of food, it can go with almost anything and creating your own could taste better than the ones you buy in the shop. This article will give you 2 different ways of creating your pizza, one method is faster than the other.!
Top Review by chriseats62
I fell asleep around step eight, some people do this. I woke when the fired<br/>departments showed up. The Chief told me I shouldn't a mixed a cup of olive oil<br/>with that lb of raw meat. Bad things were just bound to happen.It was really good, but I lost the house<br/>I'll try to stay awake next time.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to about 180 degrees.
- Buy ready-made pizza bases, such as McCains Ready-Made Pizza Bases if you are short on time. If you have plenty of time, then you can just get dough. To make the method faster, don't get a huge pizza if you're only serving yourself or two. You don't want to take forever making your pizza.
- Spread tomato paste on your pizza base. It is a good idea to buy one that is specially made for pizzas. (For a spicier flavor, you can use any kind of spaghetti sauce, but mix about 2 tablespoons of brown sugar with the spaghetti sauce to make it less acidic.) You may want to sprinkle some Italian seasoning with the sauce as well. Make sure you don't put tomato base on the outside part of the pizza, or you won't have a crust for your pizza. Don't make the sauce layer too thick or too thin.
- Put a layer of ham onto your pizza. Use nice, wholesome and delicious ham for your pizza to help it taste better. If a brand claims that it is the best ham, buy it, taste it, and see for yourself. In order to find the best ham, take a whole bunch of ham from the store. It doesn't have to be the perfect ham, just the ind of ham that you like. Some people prefer smoked, while others prefer cooked ham, or honey ham. It all depends on you, and a couple of other people to help take "votes". Make sure that it is within its use-by date. Ham is optional because some people don't like ham in their pizza.
- Add a sprinkling of cheese. You can put as little or as much as you like, depending on your personal taste. Mozzarella pizza cheese usually tastes really nice on pizzas. Other people prefer other types of cheese. Just like the ham, it is up to you. Make sure that there are no spots without the cheese for your best taste. Some people don't like the cheese, while some don't want too much cheese. Common pizza takes the same old Mozzarella, but if you are feeling creative, you can use any cheese you want-with any amount! Try being creative if you are artistic, and if you area serious chef then cook the traditional way. The benefits of creating your own is that you can find a better tasting way of pizza, and it is more fun!
- Enjoy it by adding sliced olives to your pizza but make sure that the olives are pitless. You don't have to have olives, this is optional. You can take almost any topping you want, like extra cheese, sausage, meatballs, pepperoni, chili peppers, supreme, veggies, and others. Remember that it is your pizza and that you can do whatever you want with it. This time, you're the chef!
- Place your pizza on an oven tray sprayed with olive-oil, so that the pizza doesn't stick. You can use anything that prevents the pizza from sticking to the pan. This is important, and if you don't do that, you can end up without the pizza.
- Put your pizza in the oven, and turn it down to about 160 degrees. Too hot pizzas can burn you, and then you'll have to wait to eat your pizza. You don't want to have to wait for the pizza to cool off. Plus, you can get distracted and leave it in too long, then realize that you forgot the pizza was in the oven, and then you have charcoal in the oven. Nobody wants their work to turn into burn ashes, don't they? This happens with some people.
- Take it out after about 15 - 25 minutes, depending on your oven. Use your own judgment to tell when the pizza is ready. The cheese should be a golden brown, but it should not be burnt.
- Grill Method (Faster)Spread the sauce all over the tortilla but you might want to leave a little crust around the edge. Leaving some around the edge will give you that delicious, crispy pizza taste. Also, it will give you that nice crust to eat later after the main part of the pizza is eaten.
- Put on your toppings and arrange. Remember, you can take any topping you want, anywhere you want. Just don't melt a pepperoni on a meatball!
- Grate the cheese over the pizza. You can use basically any cheese such as cheddar or Edam. Mozzarella cheese is the best for pizzas and it is the most common, but there are many cheeses to choose from.
- Simply put it under the grill. Be careful not to get burned and your pizza could sizzle and pop because of the common bubbles in the pizza crust. The bubbles form often in pizza, but the best pizza doesn't have bubbles.
- Take it out after three minutes, it should be done! Now you can enjoy your tasty work.
- Wood-fired oven method (Even faster)Get your pizza base, it can be any sort, although it can't be more than 2 cms thick.
- Place your tomato base and toppings on, do not be scared to put sausage, or any other raw meat on; it will cook.
- Make sure your Wood-fired oven is very hot for the best pizza ever and to help the pizza cook faster.
- Put your pizza into the oven, preferably on a tray so the base does not burn. Remember that you don't want your work to burn, and nobody wants a burnt pizza.
- Turn your pizza every 30 seconds for two minutes, and at the 1:30 mark take it off the tray. Now your pizza should be done.
- Take your pizza out and enjoy!