1/2 Photos of How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag No Cooking! No Ice Cream Machine
This is a delicious, fun way to make ice cream! The kids love this and it's such a wonderful way to create a group activity! It's great for a camp-out or a birthday party! I don't know who has the most fun, the adults or the kids! Note: You may use fat-free milk and/or fat-free half and half if you choose. You may add broken cookies, small pieces of chocolate, or small pieces of fruit to the mix before, or after, but doing it after, you'll have to do it quickly, or you will have an ice cream puddle. The "squishing" time is in the "cooking" time.For the sake of the computer, the anmount of ice will be more than you need! Source: Allrecipes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For each child you will need:.
- 22 pint-size resealable plastic freezer bags.
- 31 gallon-size resealable plastic freezer bag.
- 4Gloves or towel to protect fingers.
- 5In a pitcher or large measuring cup, stir together the whipping cream, half-and-half, sugar, and vanilla extract until sugar has dissolved.
- 6Pour about 1/2 cup of mixture into a pint-size plastic bag and seal carefully, squeezing out extra air. Place each sealed bag into a second pint-size bag, again squeezing out extra air. Seal carefully.
- 7Fill each gallon-size plastic bag about halfway with ice and add 1/2 cup coarse salt. Place one sealed small bag into the large bag, squeeze out most of the air, and seal the large bag.
- 8Wear mittens or thick gloves, or wrap the bag in a towel to protect hands against the extreme cold. Shake and massage the bag for about 5 minutes or until mixture thickens into ice cream. Add more salt and ice to the outer bag if ice cream hasn't formed after 10 minutes of continuous motion.
- 9Remove the outer pint-size bag before you open the inner bag so you don't get any of the salty ice on your ice cream!
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag No Cooking! No Ice Cream Machine
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.1
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 24.0 g
- Cholesterol 138.5 mg
- Sodium 75512.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 4.0 g