Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious, fun way to make ice cream! The kids love this and it's such a wonderful way to create a group activity! It's great for a camp-out or a birthday party! I don't know who has the most fun, the adults or the kids! Note: You may use fat-free milk and/or fat-free half and half if you choose. You may add broken cookies, small pieces of chocolate, or small pieces of fruit to the mix before, or after, but doing it after, you'll have to do it quickly, or you will have an ice cream puddle. The "squishing" time is in the "cooking" time.For the sake of the computer, the anmount of ice will be more than you need! Source: Allrecipes
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ice cube
- 4 cups coarse salt
- For each child you will need:.
- 2 pint-size resealable plastic freezer bags.
- 1 gallon-size resealable plastic freezer bag.
- Gloves or towel to protect fingers.
- In a pitcher or large measuring cup, stir together the whipping cream, half-and-half, sugar, and vanilla extract until sugar has dissolved.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of mixture into a pint-size plastic bag and seal carefully, squeezing out extra air. Place each sealed bag into a second pint-size bag, again squeezing out extra air. Seal carefully.
- Fill each gallon-size plastic bag about halfway with ice and add 1/2 cup coarse salt. Place one sealed small bag into the large bag, squeeze out most of the air, and seal the large bag.
- Wear mittens or thick gloves, or wrap the bag in a towel to protect hands against the extreme cold. Shake and massage the bag for about 5 minutes or until mixture thickens into ice cream. Add more salt and ice to the outer bag if ice cream hasn't formed after 10 minutes of continuous motion.
- Remove the outer pint-size bag before you open the inner bag so you don't get any of the salty ice on your ice cream!
Cannot wait to try this. ***** rating
Made with grandbabe and explained if he didn't follow my instructions that I would extend my policy of only eating unwanted little kids who made bad grades in school and sassed their mom and dad. ;-)