Timothy J Higgins Eva's Note:
Hot pepper rings are a popular addition to foods from sandwiches to pizza. These pepper rings are sliced up and canned in a pickling solution, giving them a distinct vinegar flavor that many people enjoy. If you want to store hot peppers from your garden or just want to avoid the chemical ingredients in manufactured hot pepper rings, you can make your own hot pepper rings at home. You will need 8 pint canning jars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash jars, lid tops and rings with dishwashing soap and hot water. Rinse and let them air dry while you prepare the peppers.
- 2Step 2.
- 3Put on rubber gloves and rinse peppers with warm water. Cut off the top stems and discard.
- 4Step 3.
- 5Slice horizontally across the peppers to make rings of your preferred thickness. Scrape out the seeds with your knife if you don't want peppers that are very hot.
- 6Step 4.
- 7Place the large pot on the stove. Pour in 7 cups white vinegar and 7 cups cold water, and stir to combine. Turn heat on "High" and cook until the mixture begins to boil, then turn off the heat.
- 8Step 5.
- 9Put another large pot on the stove as the vinegar and water are boiling. Lay your pint jars, lid tops and rings in the pot, cover them with cold water and heat on "High" until boiling to disinfect them.
- 10Step 6.
- 11Reduce heat to "Low" after the jars have been boiled. Put on oven mitts and remove the jars from the pot.
- 12Step 7.
- 13Divide the peppers evenly among the 8 1-pint jars, along with 1/2 teaspoon of salt per jar. Cover the peppers with the hot vinegar and water, distributing evenly.
- 14Step 8.
- 15Place lid tops and rings on the openings of the jars, then press rings down to firmly secure. Heat the pot of water in which the jars were boiled, refilling with additional water if needed to cover the jars.
- 16Step 9.
- 17Wait until the water begins to boil, then gently place the jars in the pot, letting them boil for 10 minutes so the lid tops and rings on the jar tightly seal. Turn off the heat, remove the jars of peppers with oven mitts, and store them in a cool, dry place.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for How to Make Hot Pepper Rings
Serving Size: 1 (4491 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.4
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1178.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 1.9 g