This is when you run out of cake flour. I use this all the time. No need to buy cake flour anymore.
Make and share this How to Make Cake Flour recipe from Food.com.
- Measure out the amount needed for your recipe. I always measure out 6 cups of all purpose flour.
- For every 1 cup of flour remove 2 Tbsp of flour.
- Now add 2 Tbsp of Cornstarch for every 1 cup of flour. (replacing the tablespoons of flour taken out).
- Sift 5-6 times and it's ready-to-use cake flour.
- *To sift flour without a sifter just use a strainer by filling it with flour and tapping against the palm of your hand over a bowl.
- (left-over flour can go back in the bag).
- Always measure the flour that is needed after its sifted.
This worked like a charm! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful money-saver of a recipe with us, XAbbbyy!
Made and reviewed for PAC Fall 2011.
My new mantra - I will never ever, never ever, purchase cake flour again! This worked wonderfully in a dark chocolate cake I made for a friend's birthday. I turned the cake into cupcakes and they were so light and fluffy and I truly feel it is due to the freshness of the cake flour. I had no idea but now that I know I'll never purchase it again. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe that will help save me time and money in my kitchen! Made for I Recommend Tag game.
needed in a pinch. only needed 4Tb or 1/4c..... worked out nicely as you add 1/4c flour and 1/2Tb cornstarch. thanks!!!!