Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Snacks for hikers and camping. Store in plastic bags in refrigerator, will keep 6 months.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 lbs lean beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion, chopped
- Trim off all fat from meat.
- Freeze meat until solid enough to slice easily.
- Cut across grain into 1/8-inch slices.
- Cut slices into 1 ½-inch wide strips.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over meat.
- Marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- Drain, place on baking sheets.
- Oven dry for 18-24 hours at 140°F.