Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
This is a GREAT way to make an ice ring for you punch, to keep it cold and tasty! By using punch instead of water your punch won't get diluted as it melts. If you want to make ice cubes use ice cube trays or styrofoam egg cartons. The preparation time is time to make each layer, and does not include the time to freeze each layer.
Top Review by CookTillUDrop
Every time I make an ice ring I use this recipe for the ring. Depending on what I am going to put it in depends on whether I use fruit punch, water or gingerale. With the Christmas drink I was making (it had rum in it) I used water this last time and it was excellent! I make 2 so the drink will stay cold throughout the evening and you can have more than 1 batch this way too!
- 1 orange, sliced (as many slices as you like)
- 1 lemon, sliced (as many slices as you like)
- 1 lime, sliced (as many slices as you like)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar maraschino cherries (as many as you like)
- 1 (2 liter) bottle fruit punch (as much as needed to fill the mold)
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer one of the fruits and some of the punch (1" at a time) in a ring mold.
- Freeze each layer before adding the next layer.
- Layer with as many fruits as you want in your mold.
- When the ring mold is frozen solid, and ready to put in the punch bowl, sit mold in hot water for 1 minute. This will help to make it come out of the mold easily.