Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a GREAT way to make an ice ring for you punch, to keep it cold and tasty! By using punch instead of water your punch won't get diluted as it melts. If you want to make ice cubes use ice cube trays or styrofoam egg cartons. The preparation time is time to make each layer, and does not include the time to freeze each layer.
- 1 orange, sliced (as many slices as you like)
- 1 lemon, sliced (as many slices as you like)
- 1 lime, sliced (as many slices as you like)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar maraschino cherries (as many as you like)
- 1 (2 liter) bottle fruit punch (as much as needed to fill the mold)
- Layer one of the fruits and some of the punch (1" at a time) in a ring mold.
- Freeze each layer before adding the next layer.
- Layer with as many fruits as you want in your mold.
- When the ring mold is frozen solid, and ready to put in the punch bowl, sit mold in hot water for 1 minute. This will help to make it come out of the mold easily.
Every time I make an ice ring I use this recipe for the ring. Depending on what I am going to put it in depends on whether I use fruit punch, water or gingerale. With the Christmas drink I was making (it had rum in it) I used water this last time and it was excellent! I make 2 so the drink will stay cold throughout the evening and you can have more than 1 batch this way too!
This was an excellent idea to make for a back yard barbecue. We had nice cold drinks all day long after making 3 of these for our family BBQ!
This kept our punch cold for Easter day and worked out real well. I made 2 of them so we had enough for the whole day! It really adds flavor to the punch that we all loved!