Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Who knew there was another option to watching carrots go bad in the vegetable drawer? And it's super easy. Recipe courtesy of The Settlement Cookbook, 1965.
- Wash and peel carrots. Start pan of water of water for boiling.
- Leave small carrots whole.
- Cut others into 3/4 inch cubes, thin slices, or lengthwise strips.
- For whole carrots, blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- For diced or sliced carrots, blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- For carrot strips, blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Place in container for freezing and freeze.