Who knew there was another option to watching carrots go bad in the vegetable drawer? And it's super easy. Recipe courtesy of The Settlement Cookbook, 1965.
My Private Note
- 1Wash and peel carrots. Start pan of water of water for boiling.
- 2Leave small carrots whole.
- 3Cut others into 3/4 inch cubes, thin slices, or lengthwise strips.
- 4For whole carrots, blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- 5For diced or sliced carrots, blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- 6For carrot strips, blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- 7Place in container for freezing and freeze.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for How to Freeze Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g