Recipe by AmyZoe
Who knew there was another option to watching carrots go bad in the vegetable drawer? And it's super easy. Recipe courtesy of The Settlement Cookbook, 1965.
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and peel carrots. Start pan of water of water for boiling.
- Leave small carrots whole.
- Cut others into 3/4 inch cubes, thin slices, or lengthwise strips.
- For whole carrots, blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- For diced or sliced carrots, blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- For carrot strips, blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Place in container for freezing and freeze.