4 hrs 30 mins
"Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"'s Note:
Enjoy this Irish Tradition, but don't know how to cook it? Here is a recipe for a perfect St. Patrick's Day Feast!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse a beef brisket in cold water to remove any brine and place into a large pot.
- 2Pour beer over the brisket and add water until the meat is covered by the liquid.
- 3Add onions, bay leaves and peppercorns. Bring to a rolling boil.
- 4Cover pot and reduce heat to medium-low for a gentle boil.
- 5Cook for 4 hours or until meat is fork-tender, skimming foam occasionally.
- 6Add carrots, potatoes and place cabbage quarters on top of the meat.
- 7Cook for an additional half-hour until the vegetables are tender. Turn off heat.
- 8Remove the brisket from the broth and allow it to rest for 10 minutes on a cutting board. Slice against the grain in 1/4-inch-thick strips.
- 9Serve on a warm platter, arranging carrots and cabbage around the meat strips in the center of the platter.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for How to Cook a Perfect Corned Beef
Serving Size: 1 (853 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1183.0
- Calories from Fat 649
- Total Fat 72.2 g
- Saturated Fat 24.0 g
- Cholesterol 370.2 mg
- Sodium 4360.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 75.4 g