1/6 Photos of How to Broil a Lobster Tail
mums the word's Note:
Basic directions on how to broil the tail only. The finished product looks like it does when served in a restaurant. (I cut this from a magazine years ago). Have a look at the photos as a guide.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a broiler pan with foil pressing it into the grooves of the pan.
- 2Cut a line down the center of the top of the shell (not the underside of shell), stopping just before the tail fins.
- 3Pull shell apart leaving it intact, and gently pull lobster meat out, cradling it on top of the now opened shell.
- 4Using a sharp knife, make a small slit down the top of the meat and spread it by running your finger through the lobster meat.
- 5Fill crevice with butter, then sprinkle with garlic salt, pepper and paprika.
- 6Broil 3-4 inches from heat for approximately 1 minute per ounce.
- 7(ie: a 4 oz tail would take about 4 minutes).
- 8Watch carefully.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for How to Broil a Lobster Tail
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.8
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 94.6 mg
- Sodium 251.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 23.4 g