Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Basic directions on how to broil the tail only. The finished product looks like it does when served in a restaurant. (I cut this from a magazine years ago). Have a look at the photos as a guide.
- Line a broiler pan with foil pressing it into the grooves of the pan.
- Cut a line down the center of the top of the shell (not the underside of shell), stopping just before the tail fins.
- Pull shell apart leaving it intact, and gently pull lobster meat out, cradling it on top of the now opened shell.
- Using a sharp knife, make a small slit down the top of the meat and spread it by running your finger through the lobster meat.
- Fill crevice with butter, then sprinkle with garlic salt, pepper and paprika.
- Broil 3-4 inches from heat for approximately 1 minute per ounce.
- (ie: a 4 oz tail would take about 4 minutes).
- Watch carefully.