Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
Just in case you have never cooked in your life, here is the basics! You'd be surprised how many people really don't know how to boil an egg correctly. Go ahead, be brave and boil that egg!
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the egg in a saucepan.
- Run cold water into the saucepan until the water is 1 inch above the egg.
- Place the saucepan on a stove and cook over medium heat until the water begins to boil.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes for soft-boiled eggs or 10 to 15 minutes for hard-boiled eggs.
- Remove the egg with a spoon or ladle and let it cool slowly, or run cold water over it to cool it more quickly.
- Refrigerator Storage Chart for Eggs:.
- Fresh, in shell=4 to 5 weeks
- Raw yolks, whites=2 to 4 days
- Hardcooked=1 week
- Liquid pasteurized eggs or egg substitutes, opened=3 days
- Liquid pasteurized eggs or egg substitutes, unopened=10 days
- Mayonnaise, Refrigerate after opening=2 months.
- NOTE: Purchase the product before “sell-by” or expiration dates.