1/2 Photos of How to Blanch Almonds
Some recipes call for blanched almonds (almonds with their skins removed). This is a quick and easy way to do this, about 5 minutes. Afterward, you can prepare them as you like, whole, halved, or slivered.
My Private Note
- 1How to do it:.
- 2Place the almonds in a bowl.
- 3Pour boiling water to barely cover the almonds.
- 4Let the almonds sit for 1 minute.
- 5Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain again.
- 6Pat dry and slip the skins off.
- 8Don't let the almonds sit in hot water too long or they will lose their crispness.
- 91 lb of shelled almonds = 3 cups whole or 4 cups slivered.
Browse Our Top Nuts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for How to Blanch Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 904.0
- Calories from Fat 711
- Total Fat 79.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 515.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.5 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 32.0 g