Scallops don't need sauces or breading to be perfect. This method is fast, easy, healthy, and most of all, delicious! I love these scallops with some couscous or a simple pasta with olive oil, Parmesan, and basil/oregano. Enjoy!
- Preheat a large skillet over med-high to high heat; add oil.
- Pat down scallops with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over one side of the scallops.
- Place scallops (seasoned side down) on the hot skillet.
- Do not touch, move, or tinker with the scallops at all.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the other side of the scallops.
- Cook scallops 3 to 5 minutes (depending on thickness) on each side or until caramel in color.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the pan.