1/6 Photos of How Scallops are Supposed to Be Made
mikey & ev's Note:
Scallops don't need sauces or breading to be perfect. This method is fast, easy, healthy, and most of all, delicious! I love these scallops with some couscous or a simple pasta with olive oil, Parmesan, and basil/oregano. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat a large skillet over med-high to high heat; add oil.
- 2Pat down scallops with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- 3Sprinkle salt and pepper over one side of the scallops.
- 4Place scallops (seasoned side down) on the hot skillet.
- 5Do not touch, move, or tinker with the scallops at all.
- 6Sprinkle salt and pepper over the other side of the scallops.
- 7Cook scallops 3 to 5 minutes (depending on thickness) on each side or until caramel in color.
- 8Squeeze the lemon juice over the pan.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for How Scallops are Supposed to Be Made
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.1
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 18.0 mg
- Sodium 294.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 9.0 g