Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
It's worth all the cuts and scratches from blackberry picking each summer here in Oregon to make these smoothies! From www.oregon-berries.com
- 4 cups fresh blackberries, rinsed well (or 4 cups frozen blackberries that are partially thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 4 cups frozen yogurt or 4 cups tillamook vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups crushed ice
- fresh mint leaves
- Crush/puree berries and strain through a fine sieve.
- Combine berry puree with remaining ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth and pour into chilled glasses.
- Garnish with 2-3 whole blackberries, and fresh mint leaves if desired.
Absolutely delicious! I couldn't find Tillamook ice cream, so I used Dryer's No-Sugar-Added Creamy Vanilla ice cream. This is a make-again treat that we're looking forward to everytime we have blackberries on hand. (made for My 3 Chefs Game)