Recipe by Karen=^..^=
If spinach scares you, this is one recipe that contains spinach that you do not have to be afraid of! It is so delicious that even my picky kids like it. My mother-in-law makes this for get-togethers and she passed the recipe on to me. You can also use Broccoli instead of the Spinach, which she does often, but I have never tried...it is great the way it is! She also eats this hot or cold, but I only like it hot :) Enjoy!
Top Review by deacon1
This recipe was excellent the first time we prepared it as written, However; In a hurry? Substitute 1-1/2 pounds raw spinach (no need to thaw or chop) and mix it in (no need to cook). I used crumbled Ritz crackers for the topping. If you have to wash the spinach, shake it well. Otherwise use it right out of the bag. The same results are achieved in half the time.
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 -2 cup crouton
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place spinach in strainer and squeeze all extra liquid from it.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach with the rest of ingredients, except croutons, and combine well.
- Pour into a 2 quart casserole dish and top with croutons.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until bubbling around edges.