Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the "real" deal. I had a friend that used to work at Houston's many years ago. All I did was break it down to a smaller amount. It is absolutly wonderful.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Beat all together and chill for several hours for the flavor to develope. If too thick, more oil may be added to thin as desired.
I'm so excited! This is just how I remember it. A perfect honey mustard dressing. I served mine combined with Hot Bacon Dressing from CCinSC for the true Houston's experience. What a treat! Thanks marci1.
Very good! I have never had Houston's honey mustard so I don't know exactly what it was "supposed" to taste like -- but it tasted great to me! I halved the recipe and still had plenty of dipping sauce! Served with Crispy Baked Chicken strips and french fries.
oh my gosh... thank you so much! this is perfect and now i can save money and eat my fries at home!