Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom made this a lot when I was a kid and now I make it for my fiance and myself. SO simple and YUMMY!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 0.5 (16 ounce) bag frozen tater tots (more or less depending on how many will fit on top of casserole)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook tater tots according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef in large skillet. Drain off fat.
- Add chopped onion to browned beef; saute until onions are soft.
- Add soup and veggies to beef and onion mixture. Stir well.
- Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Pour mixture into a ungreased 8x8 baking dish(casserole); cover with cooked tater tots.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbily.
- Enjoy! This is even better the next day!
I made this using carrots and frozen peas&corn instead of canned vegetables. Very yummy! I'm eating the leftovers as I write this!
We make something simular at our house but we use a cn of cream of chicken and cheese soup instead of Mushroom. We omit the veggies and once the tator tots are brown we add sliced or grated cheese to the tope, return to the oven and cook until melted and slightly browned. Yummy!