Recipe by Oolala
From their cookbook called The Star of Texas. Different from other baked fish preparations posted since this has lime juice, Parmesan cheese and the canned dried onions. There is an hour of marination.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 limes, juice of
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic clove, pressed, to taste
- 3 lbs fish fillets, skinned
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces canned fried onions, in U.S. Durkee and French's make this
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Beat the margarine, lime juice, salt, pepper, and garlic until smooth.
- Spread mixture liberally on both sides of fillets and marinate for an hour in a Pyrex baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and the crushed onions and bake for 15 minutes until just done, depending upon thickness of the fish.