Recipe by MrsKnox2016
DH told me late one evening that he needed a dessert to take to work the next day. I'd made a similar pie before, but couldn't find the recipe and didn't feel like searching. A quick trip to the store, ad-libbing as I went and here you go: a decadent chocolate, peanut butter and hot fudge pie that is good frozen or just chilled or heck! forget the pie crust and pour it into parfait glasses, top with hot fudge and whipped cream and enjoy. This is the reduced fat version and I gotta say- you can't tell the difference!
- 1 ready-made pie crust (I used chocolate)
- 6 ounces fat-free chocolate pudding (the larger package)
- 2 cups milk (use skim to save calories)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces fat-free cool whip
- 6 ounces hot fudge (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes.
- Using a microwave safe container, thin the peanut butter by heating about 1 minute (should be able to stir easily).
- Add peanut butter to pudding mix and whisk well.
- Take off the top of the cool whip container and microwave on low for 15 seconds at a time until it can be stirred easily, but is not yet liquid.
- Fold cool whip into pudding mixture until completely combined.
- Prepare pie crust by pouring 1/4 cup hot fudge sauce in bottom and spread across evenly.
- Pour in pudding mixture and refrigerate until set.
- Remove pie from fridge and drizzle about 1/2 cup of hot fudge sauce over the top. Keep refrigerated until serving. **This pie may be frozen as well!**.