Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
My mother gave me this recipe. It's almost like Steak Tartare. Up here in the U.P. of Michigan it's a staple at christmas time.
- 1 lb fine ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 raw egg yolks, white threads removed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Place in glass bowl (jello mold optional).
- Refrigerate at least 12 hours.
- Serve with saltines.
if you ad a little tobasco and worchestershire it really good!
We make this in Wisconsin too. One thing I would add is that you have the Gound Chuck, ground up fresh right from your butcher should understand.