Source: Denny Huynh, House of Golden Dragon, Tucson, Arizona
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons cornstarch, approximately
- vegetable oil, enough to reach about 1-2 inches in the pan for frying
- 1For chicken: Mix garlic powder, egg white, water, 1 teaspoon cornstarch and salt to combine. Marinate chicken 20 minutes.
- 2Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of cornstarch to the chicken until it is dry and well-coated. (You may need more or less cornstarch, but make sure the chicken is fully coated and dry; otherwise, it will pop in the oil from the moisture in the marinade.).
- 3Heat oil in pan. Add the chicken pieces, taking care not to crowd the pan and not to overheat oil. You may need to do two batches. Fry chicken pieces until golden brown and drain on paper towels.
- 4Meanwhile, make the sauce. Combine sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup and chile oil, if using, in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until simmering, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- 5Mix 1 teaspoon cornstarch and 2 teaspoons water in a small bowl and add, a bit at a time, to the sauce, stirring to thicken. You may not need to use the entire amount.
- 6Combine chicken with sauce, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 7Serve with steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for House of Golden Dragon Sesame Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 646.6
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 145.2 mg
- Sodium 2033.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 39.2 g
- Protein 53.0 g