1 hr 35 mins
Haven't tried this, but it sure sounds yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground gingersnap crumbs
- 3/4 cup toasted pecans, ground
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese or 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup pureed sweet potato (or yam; the orange kind, not the yellow kind)
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
For the praline sauce
- 1In a large mixing bowl, mix the ground pecans and cookie crumbs; add the melted butter and mix well.
- 2To form the crust, press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- 3Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 4In a mixer, beat the cream or Mascarpone cheese until smooth, then add the sugars and spices and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- 5Add the sweet potato purée and mix until just blended.
- 6Add the eggs one at a time, scraping bowl after each egg.
- 7Stir in heavy cream at low speed until completely blended.
- 8Pour the filling into into the pan.
- 9Put the pan into a 1 to 1/2 inch bain marie, or warm water bath (it's a good idea to wrap the bottom and sides of the springform pan to prevent water from leaking in.) Cook the cheesecake in the bain marie for 50 minutes at 350°F.
- 10Cool the cheesecake at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- 11Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
- 12While the cheesecake is cooling, make the praline sauce: melt the butter in a saucepan, then add the brown sugar, cream and pecans.
- 13Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 14Keep warm.
- 15To serve, place each serving a slice of pie onto a dessert plate, then spoon a pool of warm praline sauce over and around each serving.
- 16Top with a dollop of fresh whipped cream, and garnish with a sprig of mint.
- 17YIELD: 8 servings.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for House of Blues Sweet Potato Cheesecake w/Praline Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1093.5
- Calories from Fat 698
- Total Fat 77.6 g
- Saturated Fat 39.6 g
- Cholesterol 308.3 mg
- Sodium 452.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 62.4 g
- Protein 11.5 g