Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nothing like balsamic dressing from scratch!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 scallion, minced finely
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Stir salt into vinegars.
- Add mustard and pepper.
- Whisk swiftly while adding oil continue till everything is well incorporated.
- Finally add garlic, scallions, and parsley till all are well blended.
- Store in fridge till ready to serve.
Excellent! A little goes a long way.
Not sure why I didn't have a great tasting dressing after reading all the reviews, but this lacked flavor. Made just as written and I have had vinaigrettes that have tasted better and are way less in calories. Sorry, but this recipe needs some work.
Perfect! I did leave out the scallions and parsley, but it did not suffer for that! My dijon was honey dijon, which lent a slight sweetness. I cut back the salt to 1/4 tsp, which was perfect for us! Served with Beet Salad With Goat Cheese and Walnuts, which was a lovely pairing. Thanks for the excellent and so simple recipe!