Recipe by grneyedmustang
This is my attempt to replicate the Thai Chile wings served by Houlihans. Enjoy!
Top Review by Janelle M.
I've used this recipe quite a few times now, that I have to say these are one of the best chicken wing I've had. I've made these chicken wings for friends and they can't get enough.
- 3 lbs chicken wings, separated
Sauce (See note in step 2 of recipe regarding sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (Sriracha)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Rinse chicken wings, and pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken in Ziploc bag.
- 2. For the marinade/sauce, in a medium mixing bowl, combine sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, grated ginger, garlic and chili sauce. Mix well, and pour mixture into bag with chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (preferably overnight).
- Note - If desired, double sauce recipe and reserve half of the sauce.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 4. Coat cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- 5. Bake chicken, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- 6. Once wings are done, toss wings in unused sauce. Serve tossed with chopped cilantro, sesame seeds, and sliced green onions.