Recipe by MissTiff16
Copy Cat Recipe. I received a ton from my mom.. Here's another...I haven't adjusted anything :O) On some I had to guess on the time and servings if I haven't tried them.
Top Review by Heather N.
I am a HUGE fan of Houlihans Baked Potato soup so I was really excited to make this recipe. For the beginners out there 1quart=4cups & 1/4 lb. butter = 1 stick. For the bullion I dissolved 2 cubes in 1 3/4c H2O, then subtracted that from the 4cups (1qt) called for. I also only used 1/2 the onion called for and it turned out just perfect for my taste. We added crumbled bacon & chedder cheese to the top. YUMMY!!!
- 473.18 ml potatoes, diced but unpeeled
- 113.39 g butter
- 473.18 ml yellow onions, finely diced
- 118.29 ml flour
- 946.0 ml warm water
- 59.14 ml chicken bouillon
- 236.59 ml potato flakes
- 473.18 ml heavy cream
- 473.18 ml milk
- 2.46 ml Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- dried basil, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in melted butter for 10 minutes in large kettle. Add flour to onions and butter and cook for four to five minutes, stirring until flour is absorbed.
- In a separate container, combine water, chicken bouillon, potato flakes, and seasonings. Stir until thoroughly mixed and no lumps remain. Add to onion mixture, one pint at a time.
- Add milk and cream, stirring until smooth and lightly thickened. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate container, the potatoes should be covered with water, brought to a boil, and simmered for 20 minutes.
- Combine the potatoes with the soup to complete.