Copy Cat Recipe. I received a ton from my mom.. Here's another...I haven't adjusted anything :O) On some I had to guess on the time and servings if I haven't tried them.
- Saute onions in melted butter for 10 minutes in large kettle. Add flour to onions and butter and cook for four to five minutes, stirring until flour is absorbed.
- In a separate container, combine water, chicken bouillon, potato flakes, and seasonings. Stir until thoroughly mixed and no lumps remain. Add to onion mixture, one pint at a time.
- Add milk and cream, stirring until smooth and lightly thickened. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate container, the potatoes should be covered with water, brought to a boil, and simmered for 20 minutes.
- Combine the potatoes with the soup to complete.