Recipe by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Easy to make...has a nice flavor to it... Not for the faint of heart... This sauce has been known to clear a stuffy nose...I think this might just be one of the "hottest sauce's " you have tried...I tweaked this receipe from Emeril...BAM!!
Top Review by Pickles McGee
Good stuff! I have a prolific habanero plant and this was the perfect way to use all those peppers! I used apple cider vinegar because the white stuff's a little too strong for our taste. No more store bought hot sauce for us! Thanks!
- 1 lb of ripe habanero pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black peppercorns
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stems from peppers.***
- Place peppers in a large pot cover with water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Remove from fire and let steam for 5 minutes.
- Drain peppers and place whole (DO NOT SEED, This adds more "heat" to the sauce) in a blender Add vinegar, salt and blackpepper corns.
- Cover and set blender to liquify speed for 2 minutes.
- If sauce is to thick add some more vinegar a little at a time.
- Place in 5oz sterile bottles and enjoy.
- Keep refrigerated for longer shelf life.
- *** Use rubber gloves when handling these babies...The oil from the peppers can iritate....Avoid touching eyes until you have washed hands a few times to remove pepper oils.