Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is an easy Crock Pot recipe. It isn't pretty but it sure has great flavor. If you like less spice use mild Chili and cut back on the chili flakes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs country-style pork ribs, bone in
- 1 (14 ounce) can chili
- 8 roasted garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 celery ribs, Chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled (medium sized)
- Mix all the ingredients except the potatoes and ribs together.
- Place the potatoes in the crockpot.
- Top with the ribs.
- Pour in the chili mixture over the ribs & potatoes.
- Turn on low for 6- 7 hours.
- If you wish you may do this on High for an hour an 4-5 hours on low.
- Enjoy (I hope).
I made this for dinner last night and we loved it! I used pork blade steak because that's all I could get. The recipe didn't say if the potatoes were cut up or not so I just cut them in half because they were on the small side. They didn't get quite done so next time I'll quarter them. Other than that minor detail, this was "da bomb" as one of the roomies said. Definately a keeper. Good luck in the contest.