Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Nice sauce for pasta found in the Sunday paper and adjusted to my liking. Feel free to play around with the amounts of red pepper and oregano depending on your tastes.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets, i substituted anchovy paste,about 2 t
- 1 (1 ounce) can chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives, sliced or chopped
- 1 tablespoon drained capers (small ones)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch dry crushed red pepper flakes (I like spicy so used about a tablespoon)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Cook garlic in oil about 2 minutes, then add anchovies and mash together.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, till slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Serve over pasta.