Recipe by BecR
A delicious, elegant and healthy salad for two-- truly fit for a Goddess! Slightly adapted recipe, courtesy Executive Chef James Footit- of the spectacular world-famous Hotel del Coronado in San Diego, California. http://www.hoteldel.com/
For the Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 avocado
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh tarragon
- 1⁄2 cup watercress
- salt, to taste
- 2 cups butter lettuce leaves, washed and patted dry
- vine ripened tomatoes
- fresh watercress
- 12 mussels (or scallops)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chiffonade, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare dressing with chopped shallots, Dijon, pepper and white balsamic vinegar- slowly whip in oil. Blend with fresh avocado, watercress and tarragon.
- Serve dressing over salad consisting of butter lettuce, vine ripened tomatoes and watercress, top with 6 each mussels or scallops sauteed with 1 tablespoon oil and stirred together with 1 cup tomatoes and 1/2 cup white wine.
- Garnish with fresh basil chiffonade.