- 3 eggs
- 425.24 g can creamed corn
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml flour
- 236.59 ml cornmeal, not stone-ground
- 44.37 ml baking powder
- 113.39 g can diced green chilies, drained
- 236.59 ml grated Mexican blend cheese
- 44.37 ml honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs. Then add the creamed corn, and melted butter. Whisk in the sugar until blended.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal and baking powder. Slowly add the flour mixture into the large bowl until combined. Fold in the diced chiles and cheese until combined.
- Place the mixture into a greased 10-inch round cake pan (with 3-inch walls) and smooth the top of the batter.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool the bread for 15 minutes on a rack.
- Invert the bread onto a platter and drizzle with honey. Cool completely, then cut and serve.