1/2 Photos of Hotel Condon Corn Bread
Sue Lau's Note:
Adapted from chef Gail Stanfield of the Hotel Condon in Condon, Oregon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs. Then add the creamed corn, and melted butter. Whisk in the sugar until blended.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal and baking powder. Slowly add the flour mixture into the large bowl until combined. Fold in the diced chiles and cheese until combined.
- 3Place the mixture into a greased 10-inch round cake pan (with 3-inch walls) and smooth the top of the batter.
- 4Bake until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool the bread for 15 minutes on a rack.
- 5Invert the bread onto a platter and drizzle with honey. Cool completely, then cut and serve.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hotel Condon Corn Bread
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.8
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 58.7 mg
- Sodium 530.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g